fixed term Electrician
10 December 2021
fixed term Electrician - Platinum Weekly Ad
Scope of job:
- Ensure that electrical equipment is operated and maintained safely, according to the regulatory requirements of the MHSA and company policies and procedures.
- Execute planned maintenance work as scheduled to ensure plant reliability and availability.
- Conduct inspections as required by regulatory requirements and company procedures.
- Attend electrical and mechanical breakdowns with the emphasis on MTTR and quality of work.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Maintain Health and Safety standards and compliance with regards to company policy and regulatory requirements as set out in the MHSAct.
- Inspect and test the correct operation of safety devices fitted to machinery, as required by the MHSAct regulations and company procedures.
- Inspect and maintain electrical equipment during planned maintenance shutdowns.
- Attend breakdowns, and conduct fault finding on LV and MV circuits as required.
- Inspect and maintain LV and MV switchgear and substations.
- Conduct risk assessments in the area of responsibility.
- Assist with the Isolation, Lockout and Test out of machinery before any work is conducted.
- Take responsibility for legal inspections as per appointment.
- Do risk assessment(s) in the area of responsibility.
- Maintenance of LV and MV electrical equipment, including electrical reticulation, related switchgear and safety devices.
- Perform switching of LV and MV switchgear.
- Perform maintenance, inspection and changing of motors and switchgear.
- Maintain and inspect PLC and related control equipment.
- Perform electrical inspections.
- Fault-finding and repair on LV and MV electrical installations.
- Perform standby duties and attend to call outs when required.
Job Specifications- Qualifications; Experience; Knowledge, skills and attributes:
- Grade 12 with a Minimum NQF 5 Electrical Heavy current qualification
- Electrician Certificate, Red seal Section 13/26D.
- A minimum of 5 years electrical and instrumentation experience on a process plant.
- Valid code 08 driver’s license.
- Ability to work independently.
- Problem solving skills.
Share this vacancy with a friend...