Godisang Thabazimbi Community Development Trust
COMPANY SECRETARY (FULL TIME)
20 September 2019
COMPANY SECRETARY (FULL TIME) - Platinum Weekly Ad
Requirements: Key Performance Areas: Core, essential responsibilities/ outputs of the position (KPA’s)
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the incumbent will provide company secretariat services to the Board, Board Committees and management structures of Godisang Thabazimbi Community Development Trust (GT-cdt) and its associated entities and ensure overall compliance by the Trust with principles of good corporate governance;
The following are the key responsibilities of this role:
• Ensure compliance by the Trust and its associated entities with the Trust Deed, the Trust Property Control Act, the Public Benefits Organisation Act and other relevant legislation applicable to the Trust and/or its associated entities;
• Prepare the required submissions to the Board and/or Committees, collate the packs for meetings of the Board and its committees Prepare minutes and follow up on matters arising from the meetings, maintain a resolutions register and keep proper records of all approved minutes; agendas, attendance registers etc.
• Schedule and arrange meetings of the Board of Trustees and committees and manage the annual Corporate Calendar including the issuing of meeting notices;
• Manage the register for the declaration of interests by Trustees /Directors/staff and ensure that there are no conflicts of interests by Trustees and staff;
• Prepare notices of the Group’s Annual General Meetings (AGM) and other supporting documents and ensure that AGMs are held in accordance with the requirements of the Trust Deed/relevant procedures;
• Establish training needs for individual Trustees and co-ordinate training and skills development programmes for Trustees and maintain list of training programmes for inclusion in the Workplace Skills Programme;
• Develop and implement an induction programme for newly appointed Trustees and manage the ongoing Board training programme;
• Assist in the drafting and development of policies, procedures and guidelines for consideration by the Board/relevant Board Committees; and
• Liaise with the Office of the Master of the High Court to ensure that the required letters of authority are issued in respect of Trustees appointed to the Board.
Minimum Requirements: Education:
• Recognised degree in law or equivalent relevant qualification or experience in the provision of secretariat services;
• 5 - 10 Years’ experience in a similar role or in the provision of secretariat services;
• Understanding of legislation applicable to trusts in South Africa and in particular the Trust Properties Control Act, Public Benefit Organisations Act and Non-Profit Organisations’ Act and the King Codes on Good Corporate Governance; and
• Working knowledge of the Companies Act and the administration of companies in South Africa.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, honest and trustworthy;
• Excellent Written and verbal communication skills;
• Meeting and minute taking skills and excellent record keeping skills;
• Strong governance/legal/compliance acumen;
• Attention to detail and ability to exhibit high levels of accuracy in final work produced;
• Excellent planning and organising skills;
• Time management and ability to prioritise and work within and meet tight deadlines with the ability to prioritise time-sensitive assignments;
• Good analytical and decision-making skills;
• Self-starter with ability to work independently with minimal supervision; and
• Team player with the ability to work as part of a very diverse team.
• Skills, personal attributes and competencies.
• Able to work long hours and willingness to work off site and in rural communities within the jurisdiction of Thabazimbi in Limpopo Province and occasional visits to the Donor offices in Centurion and Kathu
• Driver’s License and own transport essential; and
• Interest in the non-profit sector, rural/community development or other related disciplines.
• Please forward your application letter, CV, original certified copy of RSA ID document (certified not later than 3 months) and original certified copy of qualifications (certified not later than 3 months) to the following address:
Physical address: 11 Jordan Street, Thabazimbi
FURTHER ENQUIRIES: All enquiries pertaining to the nominations must be directed to
Ms. Kgadi Magongoa on 014 7771 323/6. email: firstname.lastname@example.org.