Imerys Refractory Minerals
Health & Safety Trainee and Environmental Trainee Internships X2
12 September 2019
Internships X2 - Platinum Weekly Ad
Purpose of the Role:
To obtain experiential learning through a structured 12 month programme applicable to the field of Health & Safety and Environmental.
This opportunity will afford a graduate exposure to the working world whilst earning regulated benefits as per the discretionary grant funding policy of the MQA. These include an all-inclusive stipend and basic medical aid cover.
• Legal compliance
• Project management and reporting.
• Administration & Internal compliance.
• Shadowing, learning & practising.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure that tasks related SOPs & checklists are adhered to at all times.
2. Ensure that proper documentation is used applicable to the task at hand.
3. Assist line manager with major and minor projects to be detailed in objectives and development plan.
4. Compile monthly or quarterly reports as stipulated by line manager.
5. Ensure adherence to all company health & safety practices and procedures.
6. Work shifts and over-time as required.
• Degree or Diploma in Health & Safety/ Environmental. (MQA requirement).
• No previous internship contract/ experience.
• Must be unemployed. (MQA requirement).
• Must fall within the South African Youth group. (MQA requirement).
• Historically disadvantaged South African. (MQA requirement).
• Unendorsed driver’s licence.
• Basic level competency in Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
• Have own accommodation.
• Strong verbal and written english communication.
• A second language suitable to the location of the site is an advantage.
Should you not be contacted within 14 days of the closing of this vacancy, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please note due to the nature of this vacancy and the legislative requirements attached to this position we will conduct our search for suitable applicants both internal and external simultaneously.